Which city council member is trying to...
- The new proposed Max Impact Fee schedule will put a $523,083 fee on the permit for any new small restaurant of 4,000 sq ft with a drive-thru South of Rock Prairie.
- The new proposed Max Impact Fee Schedule will place a $16,000 fee on any new home South of Rock Prairie, which makes all homes more expensive and the taxes higher.
- And who does this hurt more? The already hurting middle class - because $16,000 is much worse on a $200,000 home than a million-dollar home.
The new proposed Max Impact Fee Schedule will place a $119,000 fee on a new 5,000 sq ft office space. Wouldn’t you rather build your office in a different city that doesn’t have the huge fees?
Isn’t that a price increase? You now can’t afford the home you wanted, so you have to buy a smaller one because the PRICE INCREASED! No matter how you phrase it, the cost goes up.
The new proposed Max Impact Fee is in actuality a Regressive Tax. The $16,000 it adds to a 1,400sf home is much more damaging to the lower-income household than the $16,000 it adds to $1,000,000 home.
The Council member who is proposing this says the citizens are subsidizing new development and every new home costs the city $10,000.
- This is a half-truth.
- The City has said that any home under $400,000 costs the city money to provide the general services…but that is all homes, new or old, and it is every year, not just one time when they are built.
- The city offsets the losses in servicing homes with the money it makes on businesses, and businesses have to have employees who need somewhere to live.
- Our city is building a brand-new city hall and brand-new police station for over $69,000,000, and we are OK with that but don’t tell us the city is going broke and needs to impose more fees.
- The new proposed Max Impact Fee will stop the thriving growth, it will stop the new job creation, the new restaurants and entertainment, and new homes.
- Everyone will be hurt by this. Realtors who sell homes, service people who service homes, citizens who just want more restaurants to enjoy, anyone wanting to do more business in any industry because it doesn’t happen without growth.
It's time to stand up
STOP the radical agenda of One Council Member that will drastically impact your life! There is still time.
Call or email your council members today and find out their position on Impact Fees before they vote on May 28th. YES. The council member is trying to rush this through while we are in the Covid-19 crisis.